Most yoga poses are easy and made for everyone to do. Since many people doing yoga have some health problems, they need easy poses to cure thier back pain without getting it worse! These poses are also sufficient for kids.
Since many children will not feel comfortable with the hard poses, it is always a good idea to start them with easy to do poses, and once they get the hang of it, they can start doing the harder once as their confidence will also build up.
Here are some easy poses and their benefits…
Exercise 1.) Kapal Bharati: This yoga pose is the simplest and it also works to its fullest. It is made to relieve stress and take control of your breathing and mind.
1. Take short breaths through your nose.
2. Release air through your nose, and while doing that push your stomach in. The breathing and the stomach movement need to be at the same time.
3. So basically take in air, push your stomach in around 60 times. You can do it 20 time sto start with.
* Be careful not to push the stomach to hard, and remember not to breathe through your mouth…
Exercise 2.) Alom Vilom: Another breathing exercise, great for beginners.
1. Put your right thumb on the right side of your nose and press it so you are no longer breathing in through the right side.
2. Inhale through the left nostril, but before exhaling hold your breath for 2 seconds and then cover the left nostril exhaling through the right one.
3. Do for about 10 minutes
* Don’t hold your breath too long and make sure to inhale from the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril.
Exercise 3.) Eye Exercise yoga: A yoga exercise that will help to reduce strain on eyes and improve overall health of the eyes.
1. Cover both your eyes with your hands.
2. While covering your eyes also cover your ears using your thumbs on both ears.
3. Inhale and exhale very slowly. Inhale should last 3-5 seconds and exhale should last 4-7 seconds.
* Remember cover your eyes and ears!
These three exercises will help relieve stress, will produce results in about a month, great for children who are growing, and children with weak eye sight.
These are also one of the easiest yoga poses for all ages with a lot of benefits. Remember that yoga isn’t about doing hard poses, it is about doing it properly!
Once your kids start doing these three poses properly, then you can advance on to harder poses which will provide more health benefits. Some yoga is better than no yoga at all!