Some may be skeptical of the thought of emotions being the source of disease and if these emotional sources can truly have that much power over the human body. There is a saying in this world for a reason; “Mind over matter”. The power of thought, both positive and negative, is far stronger than one might imagine.
Head and Shoulders
Symptoms of headaches, migraines, sinus infections, sore throat, laryngitis, and tonsillitis can be directly correlated to specific emotions.
* Migraines and headaches are associated with the feeling of low self-worth, anger, perfectionism, and frustration.
* Sinus infections and ear infections indicate and irritation of someone else or an inability to accept what is being said.
* Sore throat, laryngitis, tonsillitis, and thyroid conditions relate to feelings of fear, inability to speak one’s thoughts, and more commonly deep rooted anger.
Body and Torso
Symptoms of heart attacks, emphysema/too much smoking, breast cancer, digestion, constipation, diarrhea, bladder infections, and production issues can also be aligned with emotional thoughts or feelings.
* Heart issues are associated with the lack of love and joy or the denial of love and joy.
* Breast cancer reflects upon “over-mothering”, either the deep resentment against it or the compulsive urge to do it.
* Lung related diseases are controlled by a denial of life or living and feelings of inferiority.
* Colon, bladder, and reproductive organs have been affected by either the inability to let go or the fear of trusting or holding. The reproductive organs more closely relates to “sex is dirty” or “unclean”.
Arms and Legs
For symptoms like arthritis, joint pain, varicose veins, and overall discomfort of the arms or legs can be associated with emotional source as well.
* Arm, hands, and fingers are linked to the holding of old emotions, criticism of self or others, fear, worry, and living up to false pretenses.
* Knees, legs and feet can be aligned with issues of pride, ego, stubbornness, hating where we stand, and not being able to move forward.
Other Common Diseases and Their Emotional Source
*Anorexia/Bulimia-self hatred, not good enough
*Asthma-smothered love, inferiority or guilt complexes
*Cancer-deep resentment, distrust, hopeless/helplessness
*Swelling-feeling trapped, bottled up emotions
*Tumors-resistance of healing, festering
*Ulcers-not good enough, lack of self-worth
The above mentioned emotional sources of disease are not scientifically proven. However, there are a growing number of believers in the connection of “Mind over matter”. Step out of the science based causes of disease into the emotional psyche of disease.