Mood is what it comes when doing something. Sometimes people do chores or duties based on their mood. Although some people feel obligated to do their jobs, mood is an important factor that could determine the outcome of the job. If they are having good mood, surely everything they do, they’ll do it in high spirit and they could maximize the result. So, it’s important to boost your mood in every works.
On the contrary, bad mood tends to make people lazy. People, especially females, tend to do almost everything based on their mood. If there’s no support to boost your mood, you’ll never get any jobs done. A certain survey show that continuous bad mood in a long term can lead to depression, stress, and sadness. So, it’s important to boost your mood whenever possible.
Building mood can be done from yourself or from the outside. There are many easy ways to boost your mood. The first thing that can be done is to increase inner motivation. Pickthebrain.com gives the key in motivating yourself. The key is to understand your thoughts and neutralize any negative thoughts. Also, focusing on your duty can boost one’s mood.
Outsider supports are also needed to boost your mood. While increasing motivation is quite hard at the moment, we can take easy ways to boost our mood from outside help. Here are some ways that can be done.
1. Taking shower or bath can boost one’s mood. Bathing with hot water can ease your tension and relax your muscle, allowing clear thoughts to come to your mind. Besides shower, treats to yourself such as listening to music, doing hobbies, and sleeping can boost your mood.
2. Eating can also increase mood. According to about.com, there are certain nutrients in foods that can boost your mood. Foods such as apples, oranges, barley, sweet potatoes, and more are rich in fiber which can lessen blood sugar and increase your mood. Protein is also a good ingredient that can help you being productive. Foods that have high protein are seafood, tofu, eggs, and low-fat yoghurt.
3. If you’re under a lot of stress, which naturally lessen your mood, body movements can be a great help to boost your mood. Yoga is a recommended exercise that can easily boost mood. Yoga has a positive effect to a person’s mood. Yoga movements also increase the amount of a certain brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA helps regulate nerve activity in our brain. An increased GABA levels leads to improved mood and decreased anxiety.
4. Talking is probably the best way to boost mood for some people. Some people tend to relax or feel relieved after sharing their problems or stories to other people. Relaxed feeling will lead to improved mood. Because of that, talking is an effective way to boost your mood.
There are many easy ways to increase your mood. Remember that keeping your mood is as important as working, because mood is also an important factor that can determine the outcome of your work.
– eHow.com, http://www.ehow.com/how_4859484_boost-mood-instantly.html
– emedicinehealth.com, http://www.emedicinehealth.com/depression/article_em.htm
– pickthebrain.com, http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/boost-your-mood/
– indiatimes.com, http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-01-17/holistic-living/28368130_1_gaba-yoga-chris-streeter
– suite101.com, http://www.suite101.com/content/10-ways-to-naturally-and-easily-boost-your-mood-a57013
– about.com, http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/15490485/ns/today-today_health/t/improve-your-mood-these-foods/