Joint pain or arthritis – whichever you choose to call it – is among those health problems all of us expect we’ll never have. Regrettably, the rather dismal actuality is that 29% of those from the 45 to 65 year age bracket will develop the ailment. When you hit 65 or older that figure grows about 50%. Studies show that the chances are stacked against us all for certain!
Arthritis (or joint pain) is the usual word in use to encompass a number of similar conditions. Among those medical conditions is osteoarthritis – the type of joint pain most people will identify with. This form of arthritis is prevalent after the age of 45. The thing that many people don’t understand concerning arthritis tends to be that early diagnosis of the disease can insure substantially lessened severity in future years.
Before we look at what is the best supplement to take for joint pain, here are two useful tips to deal with inflamed or acutely swollen joints:
Treatment With Ice: An ice pack ought to be your first course of action when seeking to control swelling affecting your joints following injury, surgery or a serious attack of arthritic joint pain. It’s better to use ice in the afternoon and evening. By no means leave ice near to the body for more than 15-20 minutes each time for fear of frostbite of the skin. It really is remarkably efficient at minimizing pain, muscle spasm and swelling.
Treatment With Heat: Apply heat in the morning when the joints may be immobile after sleeping or simply cold throughout the winter time. Warmth is great for boosting blood flow to areas of your body that are experiencing strain and necessitate treatment. It is best applied once swelling has gone away – under no circumstances use heat on swollen joints (use an ice pack). Be cautious not to scald yourself when utilizing heat packs like wheat bags or hot water bottles.
There’s far too many nutritional supplements for joint pain and arthritis out there to speak about them all here in this article at the moment. This isn’t a critique – it is only a listing of probably the most likely joint pain health supplement choices. Bear in mind, precisely what works for one person might not work for another. Always keep a confident open mind and keep trying till you locate something which begins to make a difference. Be patient, results normally appear gradually initially.
There are a number of special natural alternative treatments for arthritis available to test. A mix of products might work better for you than just one. An illustration of this might possibly be to bring together fish oil with green lipped mussel extract. I regularly get people informing me they find green lipped mussel vastly better to glucosamine and chondroitin.
So – what’s the best supplement to take for joint pain? Listed below are the most typical natural treatments for arthritis, including back pain and knee pain:
1. Check your Vitamin D levels as a protective measure against weakening bones as a consequence of inadequate calcium uptake. You can get Vitamin D through taking in the suns rays on your skin each day, by way of diet and nutrition, and through supplementing. People with substantial levels of Vitamin D endure less by bodily conditions such as joint pain and arthritis.
2. Supplement with Glucosamine Sulphate and Chondroitin Sulphate products. Glucosamine is very nicely suited to managing joint pain and inflammation because it is known to regulate cartilage metabolism which, in turn, helps to maintain cartilage from degenerating. Glucosamine strengthens your system’s innate restore mechanisms. Chondroitin works with glucosamine and should be taken concurrently. It provides a lubricating effect on joints.
3. Fish Oil (omega-3 DHA) dietary supplements come highly recommended in the war against joint pain. Fish oil has both natural anti-inflammatory attributes and coronary heart health benefits. If you take no other supplements – you should take fish oil everyday. Combine that together with green lipped mussel extract for surprising results in joint pain reduction within just 1-3 months.
4. New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel Extract is swiftly usurping glucosamine in recognition and for good reason. This holistic anti-inflammatory made from ground up green mussels present only throughout the oceans surrounding New Zealand are capable of producing surprising improvements with individuals enduring joint pain and arthritis. Rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids, this joint dietary supplement can also be a good choice for healing quite a few various inflammatory ailments including asthma, crohns disorder, etc. Being a pure whole food, it has almost no side effects.
5. Gin-Soaked Golden Raisins. Many people swear by this popular folk remedy for arthritis and joint pain. Soak the raisins in straight gin for around 7-10 days. After that take 9 raisins every day so long as you obtain any advantage.
6. Cherry Juice is made up of powerful anti-oxidants termed anthocyanins that really help lower and eliminate destructive free-radicals in the body. This has been found to be helpful in the treating of arthritis and gout by minimizing uric acid within the blood stream.
7. Turmeric happens to be an Asian spice that has an active substance referred to as curcumin. It is this compound that is thought to be effective as a treatment for joints. Add it to food or take it as a joint health dietary supplement.
My recommendation for the best joint pain supplement would actually be a combination of green lipped mussel extract and omega 3 DHA fish oil. To discover why, I suggest you read an excellent green lipped mussel powder testimonial here!